Preliminary reading list for the part of Macro II given by John Hassler.
Articles and chapters marked with an asterisk (*) may be read less intensively than the others.
Trends vs. Cycles, Co-movements, VAR
· Chapter 10:1-2 in Per Krusell’s lecture notes
· Stock, J., and M. Watson. "Vector Autoregressions." JEP 15, no. 4 (Fall 2001): 101-115. (PDF)
J., and M. Watson. "Business Cycle Fluctuations in
· Ravn, M. and H. Uhlig, “On Adjusting the Hodrick-Prescott Filter for the Frequency of Observations”, Review of Economics and Statistics, May 2002, v. 84 (PDF)
· *Hassler et al., (1992), “The Swedish Business Cycle: Stylized facts over 130 years.”, Appendix 2-3, IIES Monograph series, No 22. (PDF)
b) The RBC model with endogenous labor supply
Model setup and solution, Calibration, Does it fit the facts?
· Chapter 8+10 in Per Krusell’s lecture notes
· Prescott, E. C. "Theory Ahead of Business Cycle Measurement." Quarterly Review 10, no. 4 (Fall 1986): 9-22. (PDF)
Kydland and Edward Prescott’s Contribution to Dynamic
Macroeconomics." Advance Information on the Bank of
Macroeconomics - Tomas J. Sargent and
Christopher A. Sims”, Scientific Information on the Bank of
R., and S. Rebelo. "Resuscitating Real Business
Cycles." Chapter 14 in Handbook of Macroeconomics. Vol. 1B.
Edited by J. Taylor and M. Woodford.
· *David N. DeJong & Chetan Dave, “Structural Macroeconometrics”, (Second Edition), Princeton University Press, (PDF)
c) New Keynesian models
Model setup and solution,
· *Gali, Jordi, “Monetary Policy, Inflation and the Business Cycle”, Princeton University Press.